Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Introducing Me

Introducing Melissa...

I am a 36 year old single, southern woman living in the Great Smoky Mountains.  I've got southern manners, but am far from a southern belle (I didn't grow up in a family with enough money for that).  I have an Materials Engineering degree from the Univeristy of Kentucky, but am currently unemployed.  I am a Christian, which means I admit I make mistakes and need God's beautiful Grace, not that I believe I'm better than anyone.  I have very strong opinions about the things affecting my life, but don't expect that everyone should agree with me.

I find the TV and movie depictions of 30-something single women to hold little truth to the life I actually live.  I am not living a life of high fashion, expensive apartments/flats, and continuous dates with the wrong guy.   Instead, I'm focused on my family, friends and whatever is the topic of the moment in my life. 

This blog is about my opinions of things that happen in MY everyday life.  I have stayed away from posting such things on the internet in the past because, well frankly, once it is on the internet you can't take it back.  However, lately, I have come to the realization that my opinions are just that - MINE.  Some people will agree with my opinions and please feel free to comment.  Others will disagree with me, if you do, please be so adult as to have actual examples or facts to support your arguments.  If you don't have anything constructive to add, please feel free to stop reading my blog and start your own with YOUR opinions.  It is what makes the internet and the good ole' USA great - we all get to think for ourselves. 

Now, I am starting this to get my views "out there" and it will allow anyone who cares to read this blog the opportunity to get to know me.  I don't have a mission, just some thoughts....  First and foremost, don't take this or life too seriously because, as I well know, things can change in an instant.  This blog is NOT the most important thing in my life, it is just an outlet.

Topics you will see on this blog: manners or lack there of by other people in my everyday life; college sports, I am a HUGE University of Kentucky fan, job-hunting and working, current events and anything else that is processed through my brain on any given day......

Now, let the fun begin.....

1 comment: